Monday 16 January 2012

037 - Character Design: Mayan dude over time


This was our first character design assignment of the semester.  The topic was "imposing villain".  Mayan and Aztec history is pretty cool and I tried to incorporate some of that here, as well as adding some fun made up stuff.

I've seen a cool assignment on some other blogs where you take a character and draw them as a baby, child, teen, adult, and older adult.  Since I already had the adult design, I figured I'd take a stab at filling in the other four.




It was fun trying to keep the character consistent over different ages.  Since he's the same guy, I also tried to get little touches in there that show a bit of a history and how he changed over time.  It's a little harder to think of him as a villain after seeing him as a baby and an old timer.  Maybe he was just less villainous at those points in his life.


No comments:

Post a Comment